Date: Saturday, January 8th, 2022 (weather permitting). If you have questions or conflicts, please contact our Player Agent, Andy Shaw (email@example.com).
Location: Martens North (1500 Marina Court, San Mateo, CA 94403)
COVID Protocols: With the rise of COVID cases due to the Omicron variant, we will largely follow the protocols we had in place last year during tryouts. To limit the amount of people players are exposed to, players trying out are placed in small (10 - 15 player) groups and coaches / league volunteers will do their best to keep the kids spaced out. We require all players wear masks while they are at the field for tryouts. Players can choose to not wear a mask during their actual tryout as they will not be in close proximity of others, but all other times will require a mask (e.g., during warmups, waiting in line, etc.). We would like to avoid a large amount of spectators watching tryouts, so it would be preferable if parents waited in the car until their child(ren) complete their tryout, but if you choose to watch, please do your best to maintain social distancing and/or weark masks. Also, once your child has completed tryouts we ask that you promptly leave to reduce crowding and to enable the next tryout group to filter in as parking will be tight. Volunteers / coaches are required to wear masks when within 6 feet of players.
Attire: Players should wear appropriate baseball attire: baseball pants or sweats, belt, loose-fitting jersey or t-shirt, cleats, hat, glove, helmet and bat. Only Little League approved USA bats will be allowed at tryouts.
Expectations: During tryouts your player will be evaluated fielding ground balls and making a throw to first base, catching fly balls, and hitting. Your player should arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tryout time so they can check-in at our check-in desk, pick up their registration number and warm up. During the tryout process, parents are asked to stay off the field. We will have coaches and volunteers to usher your child through the process.
What to expect for your child's Baseball Age:
- 7-8 year olds: Eligible to be drafted into AA. If not drafted into AA, 7-8's will be placed on a Single A team. With the current COVID situation, we ask that only 7-8 year olds that want to be eligible to be drafted into AA to attend tryouts to limit the number of participants at tryouts. Any 7-8 year olds that have registered for the Single A division should not attend tryouts.
- 9 year olds: Eligible to be drafted into AAA. If not drafted into AAA, 9's will be drafted onto a AA team. Please inform our Player Agent by January 5th of any 9-year olds that would like to opt out of AAA and only be considered for AA so we can make coaches aware ahead of tryouts.
- 10-11 year olds: Eligible to be drafted into Majors unless parents opt out in favor of staying in AAA. If not drafted into Majors, 10-11 year olds will be drafted onto a AAA team. 11's that played in Majors last season do not need to try out due to the keeper league. Please inform our Player Agent by January 5th of any 11 or 10-year olds that would like to opt out of Majors and only be considered for AAA so we can make coaches aware ahead of tryouts.
- 12 year olds: All 12's will be drafted onto a Majors team. 12's that played in Majors last season do not need to try out due to the keeper league.
Tryout Schedule by Baseball Age / Last Name (please consult the Little League Age chart using the link when finding your scheduled tryout time as Baseball Age and actual age may differ):
- 7's: 8:30am-9:00am (AA)
- 8's: (Last Name A-Ho) 9:00am-9:30am (AA)
- 8's: (Last Name Hu-Me) 9:30am-10:00am (AA)
- 8’s: (Last Name Pa-Z) 10:00am-10:30am (AA)
- 9's: (Last Name A-Ch) 10:30am-11:00am (AAA/AA)
- 9's: (Last Name Ci-H) 11:00am-11:30am (AAA/AA)
- 9’s (Last Name I-Pe) 11:30-12:00pm (AAA/AA)
- 9’s (Last Name Pf-Z) 12:00pm-12:30pm (AAA/AA)
- 10's: (Last Name A -Ma) 1:00pm-1:30pm (Majors/AAA)
- 10's: (Last Name Mc- Si) 1:30pm-2:00pm (Majors/AAA)
- 10’s: (Last Name Sk-Z) 2:00pm -2:30pm(Majors/AAA)
- 11's: (Last Name A-Ma) 2:30pm-3:00pm (Majors/AAA)
- 11's: (Last Name Mc-Z) 3:00pm-3:30pm (Majors/AAA)
- 12's: 3:30pm - onward (Majors)